You know when you see something and just have to have it? Well, that’s how you’re going to feel after seeing this take on a peach turnover. They are so delicious and a great way to use up all those summer peaches you’re buying up this summer. Made with store bought puff pastry and fresh peaches – it takes about 20 minutes to make but will taste like it took you hours.
Summer is peak peach season so gather your favorite stone fruit and get baking.
What you’ll need to make these turnovers
- Puff Pasty: What makes these so easy is the fact that most of the work is done for you with the Puff Pasty. You can find frozen puff pastry at really ay local grocery store. I used these from Pepridge Farm and they work like a charm.
- Fresh Peaches: Tempted to buy peaches every time you see them at your local farmers market or grocery? Good. Give into that temptation because the peaches are the absolute star of this dessert.
- Thyme and Walnuts: If the peaches are the star, then the thyme is the unlikely hero. That crisp you see sprinkled on top (and layered inside)?, are a blend of walnuts and thyme. Chopped in a food processor, this mixture is the perfect pairing with the peaches.
- A Food Processor: A mini one is the kitchen staple. You’ll need it here to chop up those yummy walnuts and thyme leaves.
- Honey or Agave: Either one will do the trick, you just want either to enhance the sweetness in the fruit.
- Scrambled Egg: The egg wash will help give these babies a nice polished crisp on top.
- Lemon: Lemon always makes everything brighter.
Shop the post
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 4-5 sprigs of thyme
- 1 package of puff pastry
- 3 large peaches
- Honey or agave
- 1 scrambled egg
- 1 lemon
Make your thyme walnut filling
In a food processor, add your walnuts and thyme leaves, pulse for a few seconds until you have a breadcrumb consistency.
If you don't have a food processor, place ingredients in a plastic bag, and crush them with a meat mallet. Set filling aside.
Make your turnovers
Preheat your oven to 375. Follow the directions on the puff pastry box to ensure it's properly thawed.
Slice each sheet of your puff pastry into 6 rectangular pieces
Working on a sheet pan with parchment paper, place each cut of puff pastry on it. Assemble your turnovers by placing 4-3 slices of peach on one side. Drizzle honey/agave liberally over peaches. Add walnut/thyme crumble mixture on top. Lift up the puff pastry edge with peaches and roll. Brush top with egg wash, sprinkle more walnut mixture on top and drizzle once more with honey/agave. Zest lemon on top. Repeat with the remaining puff pastry on your sheet pan. Cook at 375 for 18-20 or until tops are golden brown
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.